- About Bud & Tender
About Bud & Tender
Bud & Tender is a UK Premium CBD supplement company.
We specialise in researching, developing and producing sustainability-led, high quality CBD supplements and are proud that our Premium CBD Oil is made in England.
We care about our community, our climate and our biodiversity, which is why we make regular donations to charities and not-for-profit groups to help support patients and their families as well as planting a tree for every order we receive.
Who is Bud & Tender?
We work with some of the best hemp farmers in the world and their flowers are regarded as ‘top shelf’ quality.
We work primarily with the cannabinoid called cannabidiol (CBD) however we understand and respect the need for people to have access to a wider array of currently illegal cannabinoids like tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) for medical needs.
Taking a careful and considered approach during the extraction and filtration process where both CO2 and ethanol are used, our focus has been on maximising the entourage effect through the preservation of synergy between the plants cannabinoids, terpenoids and flavonoids.
Waste materials; lipids, waxes and chlorophyll are removed. No flavourings or additives are added. Bud & Tender CBD Oil supplements are 100% natural.
Bud & Tender Premium CBD Oil supplements are tested by an independent accredited ISO 17025 laboratory for cannabinoids, terpenoids, flavonoids, heavy metals, pesticides, microbials, residual solvents and mycotoxins.
The final result, a gorgeous, high quality, Premium CBD Oil.
- 2018 - Launch of Bud & Tender Premium CBD Oil.
- 2019 - Bud & Tender start to utilise facilities at the University of Hertfordshire.
- 2019 - Bud & Tender CBD Oil becomes the first and only CBD Oil to be recommended to UKCSC patients.
- 2019 - Bud & Tender join the British Hemp Alliance to help sow the future of hemp farming in the UK.
- 2020 - First CBD company in the UK to publicly complete 8 separate tests on our CBD Oil for safety.
- 2020 - First CBD company in the UK to test cannabinoid potency to a Limit of Quantification of 0.001% for a more accurately dosed oil.
- 2020 - Bud & Tender provided expert advice and support for the writing of The Canna-Manual.
- 2020 - CBD4beginners rate Bud & Tender CBD Oil as “Outstanding” 9.7/10.
- 2020 - Voted Best THC-Free CBD Oil by Herb Reviews.
- 2020 - Voted Best Overall CBD Oil by Herb Reviews 9/10.
- 2020 - Voted Best natural tasting CBD Oil by High & Polite.
- 2020 - Mens Health Nutritional Awards finalist Best CBD Oil.
- 2020 - Your Healthy Living Awards highly commended Best CBD Oil.
- 2021 - Voted Best Broad-Spectrum CBD Oil by CBDUnboxed.
- 2021 - Voted Best overall CBD Oil by CBDUnboxed 9/10.
- 2021 - Officially partnered with the University of Hertfordshire for the accelerated development of hemp and CBD in the UK.
- 2021 - Bud & Tender sit on the board of the Cannabis Industry Council to help shape the future of medical cannabis and CBD in the UK.
- 2021 - Bud & Tender align with MedCan Support to advocate medical cannabinoid education and support for parents, carers and patients.
- 2021 - Bud & Tender CBD oil is officially approved and recommended by the Medical Cannabis Clinicians Society.
- 2021 - Bud & Tender become a member of the UK Governments, All-Party Parliamentary Group for CBD Products that consist of Members of Parliament, Members of the House of Lords and industry.
- 2022 - Bud & Tender action sustainability through Ecologi and now plant a tree for every order we receive.
- 2022 - Bud & Tender is added to the UK Food Standard Agency (FSA) Novel Food validation list.
- 2022 - Bud & Tender support and work with PLEA - Patient-Led Engagement for Access - who advocate for quality of life with medicinal cannabis.
- 2022 - Voted Best CBD Oil by The Independent Indy Best.
- 2022 - Voted Best THC-Free CBD Oil by Kushtopia.
- 2022 - Voted Best Overall CBD Oil by Kushtopia.
- 2022 - Voted Best UK CBD Oil by CBD Incubator.
- 2022 - Bud & Tender support the medical cannabis charity Intractable Epilepsy.
- 2023 - Voted Best CBD Oil by The Independent Indy Best.
- 2023 - Accepted on to the Innovate UK support programme - bespoke support that grows and scales innovative businesses - helping us to achieve our society-transforming ambitions.
Where does the name Bud & Tender® come from?
There are two parts to this answer, the first is quite simply the play on the term budtender.
A budtender is the first point of contact when someone wishes to purchase a THC or CBD supplement. A budtender is very knowledgeable on all aspects of THC and CBD supplements and can individually recommend which type of cannabinoid supplement a person may require based on their individual needs.
The second part:
‘Bud’ represents the flower of the plant once it has been removed from the stalk. It is the bud that contains all the key beneficial compounds that make up CBD supplements.
‘Tender’ adjective (GENTLE): gentle, loving, caring or kind.
Thus Bud & Tender represents the caring and kind approach we take when listening to our customers health issues. We help them find which CBD oil is most suited to them and provide our service of knowledge to assist them further should they have any more questions about CBD supplementation.
More about Bud & Tender
Bud & Tender doesn’t just have a passion for CBD supplements, we support the wider hemp industry in the UK as a whole. We know that the education of its usage for food, medicine clothing, plastics, housing and even fuel is needed to bring about positive change for all of us and our planet.
Located within the Biomedical and Life Sciences golden triangle - between Cambridge, London and Oxford - as well as in London, Bud & Tender is uniquely placed to serve UK consumers and benefit from expert support from: academia, the agricultural community, health and technology personnel at all stages of their careers.
The School of Life and Medical Science house learning environments accommodated with state-of-the-art technology: Medical simulation suites, specialist practical laboratories and analysis laboratories as well as a clinical simulation centre with primary and secondary care environments.
‘Bud & Tender are employing the state-of-the-art facilities at the University of Hertfordshire to advance the education, research and development of cannabinoid products derived from hemp’.
Bud & Tender LTD does not work with any controlled substances.
Bud & Tender CBD oil is officially approved and recommended by the Medical Cannabis Clinicians Society. We are the first UK company to have our CBD oil approved and recommended by the MCCS.
Bud & Tender helped and worked on 'A clinician’s guide to CBD' on behalf of the MCCS. This is a guide for doctors to use when discussing CBD with their patients.
Bud & Tender sit on the board of the Cannabis Industry Council (CIC). We are collectively shaping the future of medical cannabis and CBD. We look to raise the profile of this medicine in the UK, improve patient access and ensure the highest standards.
Bud & Tender are proud to support and work with PLEA - Patient-Led Engagement for Access - who advocate for quality of life with medicinal cannabis.
PLEA, a volunteer-led non-profit community interest company was originally established to challenge the inequalities in access to cannabis-based medicinal products in the UK.
The PLEA management team – an independent group of medical cannabis patients – have unparalleled knowledge and experience on medicating with medicinal cannabis for serious health conditions and the challenges of doing so.
The PLEA team are experts when it comes to navigating access to prescribed medicinal cannabis and more importantly, evaluating and determining the quality of CBD oils and cannabis-based medicinal products (CBMPs) and the service provided by the companies supplying the products.
Bud & Tender are proud to stand alongside MedCan Support.
MedCan Support provide a central hub for education, advocacy and research to support parents, carers and patients in their medical cannabinoid journey.
MedCan collaborate with specialists, organisations and universities across the world. This enables MedCan to gather real-world evidence to benefit families and future populations with prescription cannabis.
To date, MedCan have assisted 25-families in submitting data to Drug Science and MedCan report that the data displayed an 86% decrease in seizures, and a 92% chance medical cannabis is effective. Through continued research, shared experiences from our communities of families, MedCan hopes to improve clinicians' knowledge; bringing a more informed choice to benefit patient outcomes.
MedCan support are also fundraising to help families who are going without, due to high costs of private prescriptions, with respite, holidays, mental health support and specialist equipment.
Bud & Tender are proud to support Intractable Epilepsy Charity.
Focused on children and young adults with intractable epilepsy, the charity Intractable Epilepsy is the first UK epilepsy charity set up by families to help children and young adults who need access to medicinal cannabis. Supporting families with the help, support, guidance and the cost of accessing C. sativa L. derived plant cannabinoids - having exhausted all NHS treatments including traditional pharmaceutical anti-epileptic drugs - as many of these children have suffered hundreds of seizures a day and only this medicine really helps.
Bud & Tender are members of the British Hemp Alliance. Along with hemp farmers, we are working together to help grow the hemp industry in the UK. The UK has a unique opportunity to establish a leading position within one of the most important and rapidly growing agricultural and industrial markets that has emerged for decades. We are part of a growing worldwide movement that supports hemp and the use of the whole plant and we have joined together to promote a healthy and robust hemp industry here in Britain.
Bud & Tender Premium CBD Oil is currently the only CBD oil recommended to patients and members of the UKCSC.
The UKCSC campaign for adult legalisation of the plant; to provide safer access, with the right to grow at home or in a shared space and purchase labelled, lab tested products through regulated outlets with proof of age.
UKCSC are a not for profit Non-Government Organisation founded in 2011 by concerned citizens comprised of experienced healthcare professionals, industry experts, horticulturists, clinical researchers, patients, entrepreneurs and activists from across the UK, United States, Europe and the rest of the world.
Bud & Tender LTD does not sell any products that violate the UK misuse of Drugs Act 1971.